For the 2023-2024 school year, the tuition fee for students from kindergarten to grade 8 is $6,950 per year. (10% reduction for second child, 50% reduction for third child & subsequent children/siblings.)
Notice: Fees are set by the Victoria School for Ideal Education Society Board of Directors. They are reviewed annually and are set early in the year for the following school year.
- One time – non-refundable $50 fee (return with Application Form)
FEES FOR STUDENTS DUE UPON CONFIRMED REGISTRATION:
- $100 Registration Fee (non-refundable)
- $695 Registration Deposit (non-refundable)
- $700 Family Bond (Due upon enrollment of the first child in the family & is refundable at 100% face value, less any outstanding arrears, within ninety days from the date the last student in the family is no longer enrolled at VSIE.)
INDIVIDUAL STUDENT ENRICHMENT FEES:
- Kindergarten-Grade 2 – $300 (non-refundable)
- Grades 3-5 – $400 (non-refundable)
- Grades 6-8 – $450 (non-refundable)
VOLUNTEER DEPOSIT DUE UPON REGISTRATION:
Each VSIE family is asked to do 15 volunteer hours over the course of the school year to contribute to the smooth functioning and maintenance of the school. For families who are not able to manage the time for volunteer work, there is the option for an annual payment of $300 by pre-authorized debit instead.
- NSF Charge – $40 for NSF PAD or Credit Card agreements
- Credit Card Fees – 3.5% plus $.75 processing/transaction fee
- Fee for late payment of any fees – 5% of outstanding fees accrued monthly
First Nations Scholarships
VSIE staff and students are deeply grateful to live and do our work on the traditional territories of the Esquimalt and Songhees First Nations, in unceded Lekwungen Territory. We appreciate and acknowledge those that have stewarded this land before us and those that continue to work hard to maintain those sacred traditions. As our work to support our Aboriginal families in the community, we provide 2 full scholarships OR 4 partial scholarships out of our operating budget to ensure that attending VSIE is not limited due to financial constraints. If you are interested in attending and may need to access these scholarships please speak to Jade or Natalie during your tour.
For the 2023-2024 school year, the tuition fee for international students from kindergarten to grade 8 is $17,750 per year, plus the additional fees noted above.
International students must show proof of carrying their own health insurance.
The Refundable Family Bond
All families are required to purchase a one-time-only Refundable Family Bond of $700. VSIE is a school committed to excellence and a caring learning environment. In order to maintain these standards of excellence, our Board of Directors has established this fund to provide financial stability throughout the school year by ensuring adequate cash flow between government grants.
Payment for the bond is due upon enrolment of the first child in the family and is refundable at 100% face value, less any outstanding arrears, within sixty days from the date the last student in the family is no longer enrolled at VSIE.
To apply to register, click here.